Axminster Primary Academy is a school where the community is at the heart of what we do, working to enable children to grow creatively and to achieve their best in a happy and secure environment.
‘I AM THE LEARNER; HIGH EXPECTATIONS, CHALLENGE AND OPPORTUNITIES’.
Our high expectations extend to all aspects of the school's work: our values are clear:
Each child in Axminster Community Primary is Unique - we will develop their learning to become resilient, confident and capable citizens of the community. We build upon and value our strong and positive Relationships with others - this will help them become independent and have a sense of belonging. We have a school Environment which we care for and promotes stimulating opportunities and challenge for all children. These values added together will ensure that children develop and learn throughout the school.
We live in a world that is increasingly culturally diverse and dynamically interconnected, it is important that our children, in Axminster, come to understand their world, past and present, and develop a capacity to respond to challenges, now and in the future, in innovative, informed, personal and collective ways.
Our curriculum and school plays an important role in harnessing pupils’ curiosity and imagination about the world they live in and empowers them to actively shape their lives; make reflective, informed decisions; value their belonging in a diverse and dynamic society; and positively contribute locally, nationally, regionally and globally.
Spiritual, social, moral and cultural values are taught in assemblies and in discreet lessons but also permeate the whole of the curriculum.
We aim to provide an intellectually challenging learning experience from which all pupils can benefit. This school is devoted to raising children’s expectations and aspirations. Our principal objective is for each pupil to develop a deep interest in, and love for, learning. Pupils will be taught to apply this learning to the everyday world around them.
Our ultimate goal is for pupils to become self-motivated, independent learners with a wide range of generic study skills that will prove useful to them throughout their lives. Whilst engaged in this process we also want them to have fun: to enjoy their childhood.
We seek to make a real difference to children’s lives by providing them with the skills they will require to be successful, both now, as children, and in the future. The curriculum we offer is designed to prepare them for life and work in the twenty-first century.
We are committed to children leaving this school having achieved high standards in the basic skills of reading, writing and arithmetic. In addition, we wish to inspire them by offering an exciting, broad, dynamic and varied curriculum experience that embraces the arts, music and sport.
Axminster Community Primary Academy is a community of learners where everyone can be successful and strive to continually improve on their personal best.
The school will try to:
- treat all children fairly, care for them and ensure their safety
- ensure that all children are well taught so they achieve the best possible academic results
- help all children to develop a sense of personal responsibility and an awareness of the importance of being considerate and caring towards others
- provide an educational service that meets the individual needs of all children within the school community
- keep parents regularly informed about their child’s progress and about all aspects of school life
- be welcoming at all times and offer parents the opportunity to become involved in the daily life of the school
- promote physical fitness and an awareness of the importance of personal hygiene, exercise and diet
- develop in each child an understanding, appreciation and respect for different religions, beliefs and moral values. Through the development of tolerance and mutual understanding we seek to prepare children for living in a multi-cultural society.
- provide children with a broad and varied educational experience which incorporates the National Curriculum and fully embraces physical education, the arts and music
- and look for opportunities to instil within children the core values that underpin our school curriculum, “maximising learning, love and laughter” through teaching them knowledge and skills.